I've been seeing other Halloween recipes posted here on FaveThing, and it really got myself in a mood to cook some good grub myself! I came across this recipe for Crispy Phyllo Wrapped Hot Dog Mummies on Food Network's website, and is both easy to make and delicious. You don't even need to be too careful when wrapping the phyllo dough around the hot dogs - because the messier it looks, the better in order to make these hot dogs really look like mummies!
It has a prep time of 30 minutes and a total time of 55 minutes. It's a beginner friendly recipe that serves 8. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The follow ingredients were used:
- 1 (16-oz) pkg bun-size hot dogs (8 hot dogs), each halved crosswise
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 thin slices
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Ketchup, yellow mustard, barbecue sauce or your favorite dipping sauce, for serving and decorating
- Serves 8
- Quick total time to cook
- Delicious yet fits the Halloween spirit
These phyllo wrapped hot dog mummies were really good. I recommend the recipe to any lover of hot dogs, or those looking for a neat Halloween recipe!