I've been in the mood for a rich and hearty meal, and after some searching, I came across this recipe for Irish Steak & Ale Stew on Food Network's website. I decided to give it a try! This stew features beef, bacon, sliced carrots and a dark-style beer or stout. I even modified it a little and added chopped onions, celery and diced tomatoes for a heartier stew.
This recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes, and a total time of 160 minutes. It's a beginner friendly recipe that serves 8. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 3 slices reduced-sodium bacon, chopped
- 3 lb(s) (1.5 kg) stewing beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 12 fl. oz. (341 mL) dark-style beer (or stout)
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon
- Easy to cook
- Serves 8
- A hearty and rich meal
This stew is phenomenal when cooked correctly, I highly recommend it!