I found this Perfect Roast Chicken recipe on Food Network! It has over a thousand five-star reviews, and for a good reason. It's very easy and very hands-off. Though it has a longer cook time, it takes no effort at all to prep!
This roast chicken recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes and a cook time of 1 hour and 30 minutes. It's an intermediate recipe that yields 8 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) roasting chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme, plus 20 sprigs
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, and cut into wedges
- Olive oil