Ever since making the last spooky cake recipe, the Spooky Cemetery Cake, I've been wanting to make another fun treat! I found this Black Magic Cake recipe on the website for Food Network, and it's delicious! It can be decorated with either a spider web or a mummy design from melted and stretched marshmallows.
This recipe has a prep time of 20 minutes and a total time of 70 minutes. It's a beginner friendly recipe that serves 8 - 10 people. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more for greasing the baking pans
- 1 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
Filling and Frosting:
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch fine salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Spider Web or Mummy Decoration:
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (about 4 oz)
- Cooking spray
- Candy spider or candy eyes, for decorating
- Adjustable decorations, it can be customized to look like a mummy or a spider!
- Easy to make and serves 8-10 people.
- Both adults and kids can have a blast decorating.
I fell in love with this recipe, I will definitely be making it again for next Halloween!