I was really intrigued by the recipe listing for Nacho Soup on Delish. It sounded crazy, so I just had to give it a try.
This dish turned out fantastic, as the fire-roasted tomatoes really give the both a slightly charred and smoky flavor. I like the interchangeable cheese options, as well as the other additives you can throw in to make the recipe more unique to you. It'll make an excellent fall recipe!
The recipe for the Nacho Soup is fairly easy to make, and yields 6 servings with a quick prep time and a total time of 25 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 oz. (15-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 oz. (15-oz.) can canned corn
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 2 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar
- sour cream, for garnish
- Crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- Yields 6 servings
- Quick prep and total time
- Easily modifiable
- Perfect for the fall season
- Great for the family
I had a great time whipping up this recipe for an evening meal. I love how quick and easy it is to prepare, and how fitting it is for the fall season. Being easy to modify just checks all the remaining boxes. I highly recommend this recipe!