The recipe for Pork with Sweet-and-Sour Squash that I found on Food Network is amazing! This may be a simple pork dinner with seasonal squash, but it tastes like anything but simple! Roasting the butternut squash to bring out the sweet flavors and adding capers for a touch of briny salt was a brilliant idea.
This recipe has an active time of 35 minutes and a total time of 35 minutes. It's an easy recipe that yields 4 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 5 cups 1-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 red onion
- 4 6-ounce pork scallopini, pounded to 1/4 inch thick if necessary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Easy to make
- Less than an hour total time
- Yields 4 servings
This is such a delicious recipe!