While browsing Delish, I came across a delicious looking recipe for Tuna Macaroni Salad. I had some free time to give it a try yesterday and it was spectacular!
If you fancy spicy tune and love macaroni salad, this recipe is perfect for you. It's made with quick-pickling red onion, shredded carrots, and chopped pickles. The recipe is easily modifiable and can be served cold or hot.
The recipe for the Tuna Macaroni Salad is easy to make, and yields 6-8 servings with a prep time of 15 minutes and a total time of 35 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 c. finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 2 (5-oz.) cans solid white Albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 c. spicy mayo
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Easy to make
- Quick to make
- Serves 6-8
- Spicy and non-spicy options
I really enjoyed this recipe. It's not that hard to make, can easily be modified, serves 6-8 and tastes amazing. It will be a great addition to my cookbook for seasons to come!