I've been in the mood for some delicious casserole, and after some searching, I came across this recipe for Beef & Vegetable Casserole on BBC Good Food's website. I decided to give it a try! It is a traditional braised beef stew with thick, rich gravy.. so tasty!
This recipe has a prep time of 15 minutes, and a total time of 3 hours to 3 hours and 50 minutes. It's a beginner friendly recipe that serves 5. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 celery sticks, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 really big carrots, halved lengthways then very chunkily sliced
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 thyme sprigs, 1 whole and 1 leaves picked
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 850g stewing beef (featherblade or brisket works nicely), cut into nice large chunks
- Easy to cook
- Serves 5
- Very tender dish
I really love this dish as a winter dinner! I'll definitely have to make it again sometime soon.