I was instantly intrigued when I saw the listing for Cheesy Corn Poppers on Delish. Reading about the contrast of sweet juicy corn, salty parmesan and bright scallions is pretty irresistible, I just had to give it a try.
The Cheesy Corn Poppers recipe has become one of my all-time favorite corn recipe. They're nearly impossible to stop eating! There is definitely room for modification or adaptation to personal preference, and they're sure to be a party or family-favorite.
The recipe for the Cheesy Corn Poppers is pretty easy to make, and yields 24 servings with a quick prep time of 20 minutes and a total time of 50 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 4 c. fresh corn kernels (from about 6 ears)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Yields 24
- Quick prep time
- Not too long total time
- Easy to make
- Great as a snack food, appetizer, or evening meal
I had a blast making this dish and enjoying the delicious flavors once cooked. The recipe for Cheesy Corn Poppers will certainly be a must-have for seasons to come! I highly recommend giving them a try.