While searching for some new healthy recipes on the Delish website, I was pleased to come across the Collard Wrap Bento Boxes recipe. It looked super healthy, easy to whip up, and easily modifiable.
I am officially obsessed, collard greens make amazing wraps, way better than romaine lettuce as they are not as flimsy. This allows for much more hefty wraps, perfect!
The recipe for the Collard Wrap Bento Boxes is extremely easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a quick prep time of 20 minutes and a total time of 20 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 4 tbsp. hummus
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 c. shredded purple cabbage
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 3 oz. shredded chicken or sautéed tofu
- 4 large collard leaves, ribs removed
FOR EACH BENTO BOX
- 1 c. mixed carrot and celery sticks
- 1/2 c. grapes or berries
- 1 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- Healthy recipe
- Easy to make
- Great for any occasion
This recipe was a nice little find! It's super easy to make and takes a very short amount of time to prepare. It is very healthy and easily modifiable. The best of all worlds! I highly recommend checking this recipe out.