I have been looking for more 'summery' recipes to spice up the winter reason with and so when I came across the recipe for Chicken Braised in Lime and Peanut Sauce on Bon Appetit, I knew I had to try it! It is a really delicious recipe. I find that braising chicken with charred limes adds some bite without the bitterness thanks to the deliciously rich peanuts and tomatoes that are added.
This recipe is a fairly easy recipe that makes 4-6 servings with a prep time of about 20 minutes and a cook time of just over an hour. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 4 medium red tomatoes (about 1¼ lb.), cored
- 6 garlic cloves
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts, plus more crushed for serving
- 4 limes, halved, divided
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lb. chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Chopped dill and cilantro and chili oil (for serving)
- Serves 4-6
- Great summery taste
- Does not take too long to cook
- The recipe is easily modifiable
I really recommend this recipe!