With the imminent fall weather approaching, I have been eager to find some unique new recipes for hot drinks. I tried the recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate from Bon Appetit and it surpassed all my expectations! It was very tasty. I like that it is modifiable, such as adding almond extract instead of vanilla extract to add more depth of flavor.
The recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate is an easy recipe that makes 4 servings with a prep time of 5 minutes and a total time of 15 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 3 cups whole milk
-3 tablespoons crushed cinnamon sticks (preferably Ceylon)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (preferably Scharffen Berger), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons demerara or granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chile de árbol or cayenne pepper, plus more for serving
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream (for serving)
- Serves 4
- Easy to make and quick to make
- The perfect treat for the cold season
I enjoyed this recipe a lot and cannot wait to make it more this cold season. It is going to be so delicious!