I've been craving a summer-themed salmon dinner for so long, so I finally gave in to look for some new recipes. I was actually very intrigued at the recipe for Salmon Burgers with Pickled Cucumbers on Bon Appetit. I love the use of a food processor to make sure that the salmon patties can hold their shape.
I'm a big lover of salmon recipes as is, but a salmon burger takes it to the next level! I have a feeling this recipe will become one of my favorite summer recipes this year.
The recipe for Salmon Burgers with Pickled Cucumbers is very easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes, a chill time of 1 to 3 hours, and a cook time of 10 to 15 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless center-cut salmon, patted dry
- 5 scallions, green parts finely chopped, white parts thinly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 3 medium Persian cucumbers, shaved lengthwise
- 1/2 serrano chile, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup (or more) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 cups tender herbs, such as torn mint and/or cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 3/4 cup trimmed watercress
- 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 brioche buns, lightly toasted
- Serves 4
- Easy to make
- Great summer recipe
- Easy modifiable
These healthy salmon burgers were such a hit. I cannot wait to make them again! They remind me so much of summer and warmer days.