I have really been in the mood for something grilled, and the spicy pork skewers recipe from Bon Appetit really hit the spot! It was so packed with flavor from the sweet, spicy, and tangy mixture of garlic, Sprite, dried mushrooms, and vinegar. I loved every bit of these skewers and can't wait to make them again.
The recipe for Spicy Pork Skewers is an easy recipe that makes 8 servings with prep time of 30 minutes, a cook time of 5 to 10 minutes, and a total freeze or marinade time of 6-8 hours. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 lb. skinless, boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 red Thai chiles, coarsely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Sprite or 7UP
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cane vinegar (such as Datu Puti) or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- Easy to make
- Serves 8
- Juicy marinated sauce
- Great summertime meal
I really enjoyed making and eating these spicy pork skewers. They were filling, so delicious, and easy to make. I can't wait to make them again.