I have had a huge craving for seafood, particularly shrimp. After searching through some of my go-to cooking websites, I was so happy to try out the Grilled Shrimp with Palapa recipe from Bon Appetit. It was a very flavorful dish featuring toasted grated fresh coconut and a lot of aromatics on top of grilled shrimp!
The recipe for Grilled Shrimp with Palapa is an easy recipe that makes 8 servings with prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 20-25 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 16 red Thai chiles
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 fresh coconut or 4 cups dried unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 heads of garlic, cloves separated, finely chopped
- 1 2" piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 6 makrut lime leaves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Diamond Crystal or 2 tsp. Morton kosher salt
Shrimp and Assembly
- 2 lb. jumbo shrimp, preferably head-on, peeled, deveined
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- Kosher salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- Easy to make
- Serves 8
- Perfect for summer evenings
- Quick cook time
I really enjoyed this recipe. I will definitely make this again for summer evenings. It is quick, serves 8, and is a healthy meal.