The winter is coming to an end and I had really been looking for a recipe that embodies the freshness of spring. I was very happy to find the recipe for Skillet-Roasted Chicken with Farro and Herb Pistou on Bon Appetit. It was delicious! The vibrant green sauce that gets its color from the tarragon, parsley and chervil was delicious and complimented the chicken so well.
This recipe for Skillet-Roasted Chicken with Farro and Herb Pistou is a pretty easy-to-make recipe that makes 2 to 4 servings with prep time of about 15 minutes and a cook time of an hour, excluding overnight marination. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2 1/2-3-lb. chicken, halved, backbone removed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Farro with Acorn Squash and Kale (click for recipe)
- Herb Pistou (click for recipe)
- 1 lemon, halved
- Easy to make
- Serves 2-4
- Fresh and light
- Easily modifiable
- Needs to marinate overnight
I really enjoyed both making and eating this dish. I will absolutely continue to cook this recipe in the future!