I really enjoy clam chowder so I was very excited to try the recipe for Clam and Cod Chowder that I found on Bon Appetit. My favorite aspect is that you have the option of using clam juice or making fish stock from scratch for a big flavor difference.
This recipe is a fairly easy recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of about 5 minutes and a cook time of just over an hour. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, halved, quartered if large
- 2 large leeks, white and pale-green parts only, finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, plus leaves for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups fish stock or bottled clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 pounds skinless cod or haddock, cut into large pieces
- Hot sauce and lemon wedges (for serving)
- Serves 8
- Easy to make
- Loads of flavor
I recommend this recipe to those who enjoy clam chowder or seafood!