I recently tried the recipe for Crown Roast of Pork with Lady Apples and Shallots from Bon Appetit, and it was a total hit with my family gathering! This crown pork recipe is as simple as any other roast, but tastes so much better!
This recipe is a fairly easy recipe that makes 12 servings with a prep time of about 1 hour, a marinate time of 8-24 hours, and a cook time of up to 3 or 4 hours. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 8-bone racks of pork (about 4 pounds each), chine bone removed, fat trimmed to 1/4-inch thick, rib bones frenched
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) light brown sugar
- 10 ounces kosher salt (2 cups Diamond Crystal or 1 1/4 cups Morton)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, plus 8 sprigs
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 12 lady apples, halved
- 1 1/2 pounds shallots, peeled, halved lengthwise if large
- 3 cups dry hard cider
- Easy to make
- Serves 12
- Long wait for marination
I really recommend this recipe for the winter season!