I received a new slow cooker for Christmas this past holiday season, so I've been on the lookout for some great slow cooker recipes! The recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage on Delish had caught my eye the other day so I decided to give it a shot last night. It was very delicious! I enjoyed not having to check the meat every 30 minutes and constantly having to add more water like a traditional corned beef and cabbage recipe. It was as simple as just throwing everything in the slow cooker.
The recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage is quite easy to make and yields 6 servings with a prep time of 30 minutes and a total time of 5 hours. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into large wedges
- 3 large carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thirds
- 1/2 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 1 (2-3 lb) corned beef brisket
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packed pickling spice
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 green cabbage, cut into large wedges
- Serves 6
- Quick prep time
- Simply prepare and then let it cook
- Easy to make
- Tastes great
I loved this recipe. I simply prepared the ingredients and put them all into the slow cooker. Easy as can be. It turned out to be very flavorful. I will absolutely make this again!