I love the recipe for Chicken-and-Vegetable Hand Pies from CookingLight. It takes everything I love about chicken potpies and makes them into portable hand pies. They are freezer and family-friendly, perfect for hearty meals to go!
This recipe has an active time of 35 minutes and a total time of 1 hour and 20 minutes. It's an easy recipe that yields 12 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 14 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 3 1/2 cups) plus 2 Tbsp., divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoon ice-cold water
- 2/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 ounces haricots verts (French green beans), cut into 1/4-in. pieces (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cooking spray
- Serves 12
- Not too difficult to make
I love these hand pies! I really recommend them to anyone who loves chicken potpies.