I recently found this recipe for Broccoli, Cheddar, and Brown Rice Cakes on the CookingLight website, and I must say, it's amazing!
These quick, crispy vegetarian cakes are inspired by cheesy broccoli-and-rice casserole, right down to the layer of melted cheddar cheese on top. I think it's such a unique recipe! I love making them ahead and refrigerating or freezing them for a last minute meal on busy weeks.
This recipe has a very quick prep and cook time. It's an easy recipe that yields 4 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted vegetable stock (such as Swanson)
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces preshredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Easy to make
- Quick cook time
- Make great last-minute meals
I love this recipe!