I was really intrigued when I saw the recipe for Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls on Delish. I have never seen a teriyaki recipe that used pineapples as a serving vessel. It really added a fresh and vibrant sweetness to the teriyaki sauce, I enjoyed using the juice that pooled at the bottom of the pineapple when scooping out the pieces of chicken.
The recipe for Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls is an easy recipe that makes 2 servings with prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 40 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 small pineapple
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 c. cooked rice, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Serves 2
- Unique recipe with the use of pineapple as a bowl
- Easy to make
- Quick prep and cook time
I really enjoyed making and eating this recipe. I was very delightful and I find it to be the perfect summer dinner.