With the holidays fast approaching, I've been really trying to decide on what to cook for Christmas dinner! I found this sweet potato stuffing recipe on Chatelaine's website, and I must say.. it's delicious! It's a total medley of flavors and textures, from whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, juicy cranberries, crunchy walnuts and fragrant herbs. It's definitely a must-have this Christmas dinner!
This recipe has a prep time of 15 minutes, and a cook time of 60 minutes. It's an easy recipe that makes 8 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 loaf whole-wheat bread, unsliced, about 450 g
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage, or 2 tsp crumbled sage leaves
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Easy to cook
- Serves 8
- Tastes amazing
I really recommend this recipe for the holidays!