I recently tried the recipe for Ultimate BLT from Bon Appetit, and I really enjoyed it. It includes two sweet-salty finishings that are very unique and add a great kick to the overall sandwich. For those that would not prefer it, you can leave them off and let the bacon speak for itself.
The Ultimate BLT is a simple recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of 35-50 minutes for the bacon strips and a short cook time for the toast and putting the sandwich together. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar (optional)
- 4 teaspoons chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided (optional)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 pounds thick-cut bacon
- 2 heads of red romaine lettuce, separated into individual leaves
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 16 1/2-inch slices white bread, toasted, such as pan de mie
- Mayonnaise, Sriracha Mayonnaise, and/or Lemon-Herb Mayonnaise (for serving)
- Flaky sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- Easy to make
- Serves 8
- Lots of modification potential
I really recommend this recipe!