I recently followed the recipe for The Basically Burger on Bon Appetit. It was amazing! A great burger isn't always about a fancy bun or homemade mustard. 'it is about achieving the ideal proportion of juicy, cheese-cloaked beef, sharp onion, crunchy lettuce, and sweet-tangy “special sauce,” wrapped in a soft toasted bun. This recipe achieves just that!
The Basically Burger is an easy recipe that makes 4 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 20 ounces ground beef, 80% lean
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus ½ cup mayonnaise (preferably Hellmann’s)
- 4 potato or soft-seeded hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Tapatío, Cholula, or Crystal)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced as thinly as possible
- Serves 4
- Easy to make
I really recommend this burger recipe!