Sloppy joes are one of my favourite meals. I was really happy to find the Sloppy Joes recipe on MidwestLiving. It lets me skip the canned stuff and make this childhood favourite from scratch. This simple recipe is a starting point, I'd love to try different variations and experiment with seasonings in time.
This recipe has a total time of 25 minutes from start to finish. It's an easy recipe that makes 6 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash of bottled hot pepper sauce
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Quick to make
- Serves 6
I really recommend this recipe! It's really good and has endless potential for modifications.