I recently tried the recipe for Skillet-Roasted Chicken with Farro and Herb Pistou that I found on Bon Appetit. I have been searching for more spring recipes and I'm very glad I took a chance on this one. It turned out to be magnificent and flavour-packed. I will absolutely be making it again.
The recipe for Skillet-Roasted Chicken with Farro and Herb Pistou is an easy recipe that makes up to 2 to 4 servings with prep time of 30 minutes and a cook time of 50 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2 1/2-3-lb. chicken, halved, backbone removed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Farro with Acorn Squash and Kale (click for recipe)
- Herb Pistou (click for recipe)
- 1 lemon, halved
- Serves 2 to 4
- Easily modifiable
- Perfect dinner for spring evenings
- Easy to make
I recommend this recipe for the spring season. I think it is both healthy and tasty.