I really enjoy the recipe for Skillet Lasagna Toss that I found on MidwestLiving. It has such a unique mix of flavours and is easily modifiable.
This recipe has a prep time of 10 minutes and cook time 15 minutes. It's an easy recipe that makes 4 servings or 6 cups. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half crossways*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage (or turkey sausage links, casings removed)
- 1 14 1/2 - ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 - ounce can tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Quick to make
- Serves 4
- Easily modifiable
This is a delicious summer meal!