With the Fall season setting in, I've really been craving pot pies with a extra-flaky and butter flavour pie crust. I finally found the perfect recipe to sate my cravings on the website for Bon Appétit. The short rib pot pie recipe is a super-luxe beef pie with delicious flavourings.
The crust can be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, while the filling and assembly can be done in a few hours. It's a pretty easy recipe that serves 8 people. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup vegetable shortening or beef lard
Filling and assembly:
- 3 pounds boneless beef short ribs, cut into 2” pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus more
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 10-oz. package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme, plus 2 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Heavy cream (for brushing)
- Great for big gatherings.
- Flaky, buttery, and delicious beef flavours.
This is the perfect Fall dish for those cooler or rainy days, or even for a family gathering.