I saw the recipe for Pork and Sauerkraut on Delish the other day and instantly fell in love. What better recipe to pick for a cold winter evening than tender pork and sauerkraut? I gave this a try last night and it was so delicious. I used a pork tenderloin for this recipe, though I considered pork chops. I think the next time I cook this, I will use a rich stout as well to braise the pork.
The recipe for Pork and Sauerkraut is quite easy to make and yields 8 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 1 hour and 10 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (3-lb.) pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. beer or cider
- 1 large tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds, optional
- 1 lb. sauerkraut, drained
- Easy to make
- Serves 8
- A traditional dish
I loved how the recipe for pork and sauerkraut turned out. I will definitely be trying it again. It serves 8 and is quite modifiable.