I was browsing Delish for a new recipe a few days ago when I came across the neatest recipe I've seen in some time! I have never heard or even thought about the idea of Pizza Rice before seeing it on Delish. It's such a neat idea. It is essentially the same as pizza but with a different foundational carb, rice instead of bread.
I really like that this recipe has such a quick prep time and includes everything I would enjoy from conventional pizza. I can mix and match any kind of toppings or cheese as well. Brilliant!
The recipe for Pizza Rice is very easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a prep time of 20 minutes and a total time of 50 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
FOR FRIED RICE:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cloves garlic, quartered
- 3/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 c. cooked rice
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 (14-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 c. pepperoni
- Fresh basil leaves
- Serves 4
- Quick prep time and great cook time
- Easily modifiable
- Just as enjoyable as conventional pizza
I really enjoyed making this recipe. The dish was fantastic. I will certainly be trying this again.