I have had such a craving for barbecued pork, I was so happy to find the recipe for Pineapple and Pork Skewers on BBC Good Food. The pineapple and green pepper skewers are marinated for added flavour and cooked on the barbecue for the juiciest taste. I chose to serve in pitta bread, but next time I think I'm going to try serving it with rice.
The recipe for Pineapple and Pork Skewers is an easy recipe that makes 4 servings with prep time of 20 minutes and a cook time of 5-10 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 400g pork fillet
- 4 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks (or use ready prepped fresh pineapple, drained well)
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into squares (optional)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 4 equal lengths
- small bunch coriander, chopped (optional)
-cooked rice or pitta, to serve
- Can serve with rice or in pitta bread
- Serves 4
- Quick cook time
This recipe was just what I needed to bring about summer vibes.