I recently tried the recipe for Miss Ollie's Jerk Chicken from Bon Appetit. It turned out really well, I loved the marinade that the recipe covers and the cook portion was fairly quick. I didn't have any pimento wood, but hardwood or briquettes works also works well.
Miss Ollie's Jerk Chicken is a fairly simple recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of 2 hours to 1 day (for marination) and a cook time of 35 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 bunch chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4–8 Scotch bonnet chiles or habanero chiles
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup malt vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican rum
- 2 tablespoons Diamond Crystal or 1 tablespoon Morton kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 pieces skin-on, bone-in chicken legs (about 6 pounds total), drumsticks and thighs separated, patted dry
- Vegetable oil (for grill)
- Quick to make, you can choose how long to marinate for and the cooking portion is only half an hour
- Serves 8
This recipe was delicious. I really recommend it this summer season.