I've been craving something spicy lately, so I was really excited to have found the recipe for Kimchi-Braised Chicken with Bacon on Bon Appetit. It combines two of my favourite flavours! Spice and bacon. There is even the option to make it less of a knife-and-fork affair by removing the braised chicken from the bone and shredding it with a couple forks to stir into the kimchi-tomato sauce. I can just imagine making sandwiches like you would with pulled pork next time!
This recipe is a fairly easy recipe that makes 4 servings with a prep time of about 30 minutes and a cook time of 45-65 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces slab bacon, sliced 1/4 inch thick, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3 1/2–4-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces; or 4 chicken legs, drumsticks and thighs separated, plus 2 skin-on, bone-in breasts, cut crosswise
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups kimchi with juices, divided
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives, divided
- Easy to make
- Doesn't take too long to make
I really recommend this recipe!