I have been craving a really good club sandwich lately, and takeout just hasn't been doing it for me. I was happy to find the recipe for Italian Club on Delish so I recently gave it a try. It's all the components of an antipasto platter for a sandwich that's simply amazing. I really enjoyed it.
The recipe for Italian Club is an easy recipe that makes 4 servings with a prep time of 15 minutes and a total time of 25 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- Sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 8 slices bacon
- 12 slices Pullman bread, 1/2" thick, toasted
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced mortadella
- 2 c. spinach
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced provolone
- 1/2 c. pesto
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced ham
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Genoa salami
- Sweet pickles, sliced
- Easy to make
- Quick prep and total time
- Easily modifiable
- Serves 4
I really enjoyed this recipe, I think I'll be making it again sometime soon.