The recipe for Chicken Sausage and Peppers on MidwestLiving is amazing! It is a meat-lovers' dream come true. When paired with quinoa or whole wheat couscous and a crisp lettuce salad, it makes a deliciously well-rounded meal.
I love that the chicken-apple sausage provides a pleasant sweetness to the dish, and that there is room to take it up a notch by using hot Italian or roasted garlic sausage.
This recipe has a hands-on time of 30 minutes and a total time of 3 minutes. It's an easy recipe that yields 4 servings. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12 - ounce package chicken-apple sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 orange sweet pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, sliced
- 10 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Serves 4
- Easy to make
- Does not take long to make
This recipe is delicious! I really recommend trying it out this summer.