I was looking for a new autumn dinner recipe when I came across the Braised Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic recipe from Bon Appetit. It looks as delicious as the outcome is! It can be cooked in a hot oven, but I went ahead and tried to brown the lamb in a wood-burning oven to absorb the smoky flavours. It was delectable!
This recipe is a easy recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of about 15 minutes, a marination time of four to 12 hours and a cook time of an hour and a half. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 6-pound boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 2 dried chiles de árbol or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup red wine
- Flaky sea salt
- Salsa Verde with Toasted Breadcrumbs and Roasted Red Pepper Harissa (for serving)
- Serves 8
- Can be done in a hot oven or a wood-burning oven
- Perfect for an autumn dinner
- Marination can take a hours to a day
I recommend this delicious recipe!