As Christmas gets closer, I've been experimenting more and more with new recipes. I found this recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Meringue Sandwich Cookies on Taste of Home's website, and I must say.. they're delicious! The ganache is velvety and the two meringue cookies surrounding it are light and airy. The chocolate and crushed candy canes are an excellent touch. The flavors blend together very well. It's a family favorite now!
This recipe has a prep time of 1 hour plus chilling and a bake time of 40 minutes. It makes 7 dozen cookies. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- Makes 7 dozen
- An easy to follow, detailed recipe
The recipe makes so many, which is great since they seemed to quickly disappear! An instant family favorite. I recommend this as an excellent holiday recipe.