I've been looking for some new dessert recipes for the coming fall and holiday season. I was very happy to find the Basque Cheesecake recipe!
Basque Cheesecake was originally created by La Vina Bar in San Sebastian, Spain and designed to be foolproof. Unlike American-style cheesecake, this cheesecake is baked without a crust and at a high temperature. This results in the outer-layer caramelizing while the center stays very light and creamy.
I love that we can serve this cheesecake at either room temperature for a fluffy texture or chilled for a denser texture.
The recipe for Basque Cheesecake is very easy to make, and yields 10 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 1 hour and 20 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- Butter for the pan
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Serves 10
- Quick prep and total time
- Different from an American-style cheesecake
- Easily modifiable by way of flavour or topping
- The perfect desert for any occasion
I am very happy with this recipe. It's a breath of fresh air! So very delicious and easily modifiable. Perfect for any season or special occasion. I'll definitely keep this recipe handy for years to come.