With the Holiday season coming up, I've been looking for new Christmas recipes to try out before making my platters in December. When I came across the recipe for this White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake on I Wash You Dry, I knew it was perfect! It is rich and creamy, light and fluffy, and bursting with that sweet candy cane freshness! This is the perfect treat for Christmas.
It has a prep time of 20 minutes and a total time of 1 hour and 30 minutes. It's an easy-to-follow recipe that serves 8. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The follow ingredients were used:
For the Crust:
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 4 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels, melted and cooled slightly.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (or 1/4 tsp peppermint oil)
- 6 drops red food coloring
For the Peppermint Whip Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 drops of peppermint oil (or 1/4 tsp peppermint extract)
- Candy canes for garnish
- Doesn't take too long to prep and cook.
- Serves 8.
- Perfect for the Holiday season, nobody can resist cheesecake!
I loved making and eating this cheesecake! The base is a light and fluffy white chocolate cheesecake, with a top layer of peppermint so it doesn’t over power, but brings a festive and refreshing bite. The crust is made with Oreos and I even added a simple peppermint enhanced whip cream to serve on top. It’s a delightful cheesecake that truly bought a lot of "ooh's" and "mmm's". My friends and family love it!