1 bunch of asparagus
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
lemon herb sriracha dip:
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
*Panko Breadcrumbs and Sriracha can be found at most major grocery stores or on-line.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a skillet over medium-low heat, toast the panko breadcrumbs until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate and add salt. Toss to combine.
2. In a bowl beat eggs and water together to create an egg wash and pour onto a plate. Set up a “work station” with the asparagus, flour that has been placed on a plate, egg wash, toasted panko crumbs, and baking sheet.
3. To bread the asparagus: First roll an asparagus spear in flour, then egg was, and then panko crumbs – pressing to adhere. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Place the breaded asparagus on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked but still crunchy.
4. While the asparagus is baking, make the dipping sauce. Place all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and stir to combine.
5. Plate, serve, and watch these disapeer.
*To make this kid friendly simply omit the Sriracha. You can also serve this with marinara or ranch dressing for a dipping sauce. To make these EXTRA kid-friendly, add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese to the toasted panko breadcrumbs before breading the asparagus!