- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground gloves
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1. Measure the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl: whole-wheat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
2. Add the milk, canola oil, and egg into a small mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until blended and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the pumpkin and stir.
4. Lightly grease a large frying pan with canola oil and heat to medium high.
5. Drop in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
6. Flip each pancake when you see bubbles rising to the top.
7. Top with apple butter or maple syrup.