I recently tried the recipe for Summer Squash and Basil Pasta from Bon Appetit. It was so delicious, and a very different texture than what I am used to. The sauteed squash eventually gets saucy if cooked long enough, and makes it very ideal as a way to coat big pieces of pasta. I definitely recommend it as a summer meal!
Summer Squash and Basil Pasta is a simple recipe that makes 4 servings with a prep time of a few minutes and a cook time of 15-25 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds assorted summer squashes and zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo-style pepper, plus more for serving
- 12 ounces paccheri, ziti, or other large tube pasta
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (about ½ cup), plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided
- Served 4
- Easy to make
- Very healthy
- Open to modifications
I really recommend this recipe!