I have had such a craving for a new tropical dish. When I saw the recipe for Grilled Pineapple Chicken, I knew it was something I had to try! I love a good grilled chicken recipe, and I find pineapple to be quite delicious, so why not try the combination of these two?
Grilled Pineapple Chicken has become my new go-to summer dinner. It is so delicious, just bursting with flavor and tropical tender chicken. The acidity from the pineapple marinade helps to tenderize the chicken breast and the sugar works to caramelize the meat while it's grilling! Yum!
The recipe for Grilled Pineapple Chicken is pretty easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 2 hours and 25 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings & halved
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Serves 4
- Quick prep time
- The perfect tropical summer meal
- Easily modifiable by adding a tortilla or bun, as well as onion or cabbage slaw
I am so pleased with the outcome of this recipe. It's perfect for summer and so delectable. It tastes very tropical, the chicken is tender, and the marinade is just right.