I was searching for some new dessert recipes when I came across the Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie recipe on Delish. It looked spectacular, I just had to give it a try!
This is truly more than your average pie. It has such a delicious pie crust and fun twists on the apple pie flavouring. It's truly a delicious treat for any time of the year.
The recipe for Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie is fairly easy to make, and yields 10 servings with a prep time of 40 minutes and a total time of 2 hours and 30 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
FOR THE DOUGH
- 3 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for garnish
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. ice water (or more, if needed)
FOR THE CINNAMON ROLL CRUST
- 1 pie dough recipe (above), or 1 (15-oz.) box refrigerated pie dough
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING + ASSEMBLY
- Cooking spray
- 5 assorted apples (Granny smith, Honeycrisp, Gala) cored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE ICING
- 1/4 powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Serves 10
- Not too long of a prep time
- Very unique flavouring
- A new fave treat for special occasions
I had a blast making this delicious pie, and it turned out to be a fabulous hit with my family. I'll definitely be giving this a try again!