I've been looking for more chicken recipes on Bon Appetit, and the recipe for Braised Chicken Thighs with Squash and Mustard Greens really caught my eye. After giving it a try, I must say, it was amazing! It can be eaten as is or served over rice, and I really like that it can be modified a lot. If you don't have an acorn squash, you can use butternut and if you dislike mustard greens, you can use kale, spinach or Swiss chard!
This recipe is a fairly easy recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of about 15 minute and a cook time of an hour. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 4 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 12), patted dry
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 scallions, white and pale green parts sliced into 1-inch pieces, dark green parts thinly sliced
- 4 dried chiles de árbol
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 bunch mustard greens, tough stems removed, leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked white rice (for serving)
- Serves 8
- Easy to cook
- Can be eaten as is or served over rice
I loved this recipe, I really recommend it!