The Jaguar E-Type is one of the most iconic sports cars ever produced. I'm so excited to have learned that Jaguar is introducing a huge upgrade to the 57-year-old classic.. an all-electric powertrain from Jaguar's E-Pace crossover! That's right, the E-type is back with a zero-emission makeover!
I think this is amazing. The battery pack and electric motor have been cleverly designed and weigh nearly as much as the original inline six and transmission. This will help preserve the handling dynamics while still making it even faster than the standard version!
Jaguar Classic has also stated they will offer completely reversible conversions for existing E-Types, which is a very fitting update for an all-time classic.
It's not slated for release until 2020, but I can't wait till I see them on the road. I'd love to take a drive in one. If anyone else is interested in checking out the Jaguar E-type Concept Zero, click on the source link up above.
- All-electric powertrain from Jaguar's E-Pace crossover.
- Cleverly designed battery pack and electric motor that allow the E-Type to keep the handling dynamics while making it even faster.
- Original suspension and breaks.
- Comes with high-tech parts, LED headlights and a touchscreen navigation that you would be sued to in a modern car.
- Offering a completely reversible conversion for existing E-Types.
I can't wait to see the classic Jaguar brought back to life as an all-electric vehicle with modern upgrades. It will continue to be such an impressive vehicle.