This recipe for Tater Tot Casserole from Delish is a total guilty pleasure. It was very easy to cook and tasted awesome. I like that it is modifiable and you can lighten it up by swapping beef out for ground chicken or ground turkey, and you could top the casserole with vegetable tater tots in place of the potato variety.
The recipe for Tater Tot Casserole is a simple recipe that makes 8 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes and a total time of 50 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. grated cheddar, divided
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1 lb. frozen tater tots
- 3 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/2" strips
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Easy to make
- Quick prep and total time to cook
- Modifiable to make a healthier version
- Serves 8
- Great for the cold season
I really enjoyed both making this recipe and eating it. It was very tasty, the perfect guilty pleasure!