I've been searching online for some new spring recipes and was quite pleased when I saw the recipe for Tarragon Chicken with Asparagus, Lemon and Leeks from Feasting at Home. I was very drawn to it because not only is is featuring delicious chicken, but it has the best of spring produce. It's great that I can make it within 30 minutes with minimal clean up, and that it is vegan adaptable, gluten-friendly and paleo.
The recipe for Tarragon Chicken with Asparagus, Lemon and Leeks is very easy to make, and yields 4 servings with a prep time of 15 minutes and a cook time of 20 minutes. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 2 lemons
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 4–6 garlic cloves, finely minced ( or use a garlic press)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-ounce package of fresh tarragon leaves, rough chopped, about 1/4–1/3 cup
- 1 extra-large bunch asparagus, trimmed ( about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1–2 large leeks, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds ( if dirty, rinse, see notes)
- 1– 1.5 lbs chicken breast ( boneless skinless) or sub tofu see notes
- Spring-themed recipe
- Vegan adaptable, gluten-friendly and paleo
- Quick prep and cook time
- Minimal clean up
- Serves 4
I really enjoyed making this recipe. It was quick to make, required very little clean up, and tasted delicious. I like that I can modify it and use tofu instead of chicken, and adapt it to be vegan friendly.