I recently tried cooking the Sweet Corn Shrimp & Rice Skillet recipe from Delish and I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome! It is a very light but satisfying dinner, perfect for two. I love the vibrant sauce and the sunny, bright flavors because of the sweet bell pepper, earthy tumeric, and delicious white miso. This is the perfect meal for protein, carb, and veggies!
The recipe for Sweet Corn Shrimp & Rice Skillet is very easy to make, and yields 2 servings with a total time of 1 hours. If anyone is interested in checking out the instructions, please click on the image up above.
The following ingredients were used:
- 1/2 c. basmati rice
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, 5 roughly chopped, 1 minced
- 4 tbsp. white miso
- 2" piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 c. frozen corn, rinsed in warm water and drained
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Serves 2
- Easy to make
- Healthy with a great blend of protein, cerb, and veggies
- Easily modifiable
I had a great time making this dinner, but eating it was the best part of course! It's very light and tasty. Perfect for a post-workout meal or a quick workday dinner.